This policy describes how we use your personal information when you use our app or website (www.ref4me.co.uk) and when we provide services to you.
We have made this policy available to ensure that you understand the personal data we collect about you, what we use it for and how we keep it safe.
You have legal rights to access the personal data we hold about you, and these are also explained in this policy.
Please note that this policy applies whilst our website is in Beta and will be updated when deemed necessary.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW YOU CAN GET IN TOUCH
We are LBZ Ltd, registered in England under Company Registration Number 07189023.
You can contact us via email at email@example.com.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data you provide to us:
This is usually information you provide when you create an account with us and when we provide our services to you. For example, you may register on our website or you might enquire about our services and request some information, or you might procure our services.
The personal data we may collect might include: your name, your email address and telephone number, your physical address or addresses which are relevant to the service(s) we provide to you.
Personal data we receive from others: If we work with other parties and sub- contractors, they may collect some personal data about you which they will share with us. For example, we may receive feedback from a sub-contractor we have instructed to help us provide you with services that you have requested.
We may enable you to register on our website using your Facebook and LinkedIn account(s), when you do so they will share the personal information which we require to create your Ref4Me account with us: this includes your name, your public profile and your email address.
Personal data we collect automatically:
- Log data: This is technical information which is recorded when you use our website and includes things like: your IP address, your device ID, your login information, your browser type and version, operating systems and platform as well as information on how you navigated to our website, what pages you viewed, the length of visit for certain pages and how you interacted with pages (such as mouse clicks, scrolling and mouse-overs). If you contact our customer service number, we will also record the number you called us from.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your information to deliver, improve and personalise our services to you. We have set out below the ways in which we plan to use your personal data and the legal basis we rely on to do so. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us for more information.
Personal data you provide to us and personal data we receive from others.
We combine this information and use it for the following purposes:
- to register your account and provide you with the services that you request from us in the performance of our contract with you
- share it with the relevant County Football Association, who may then share these details with their trusted third-party service providers
- to provide you with marketing information when you have given us consent to do so. See “How we use your information for marketing” for more details For the avoidance of doubt we will NOT share you data with any third party for the purposes of marketing without your prior consent.
- for our own legitimate interest to manage and administer our business and to improve our service
Personal data we collect automatically is used as follows:
- for our legitimate interest in administering our website which includes security monitoring, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and other reporting purposes
- or to improve our website and service in ensuring that content is presented in the most effective way for you and your device(s)
- or to measure the effectiveness of our advertising and other marketing activity.
- or to confirm your registration with the national or local governing bodies
Please note that in exceptional circumstances we may need to use your personal data for a different purpose which does require your consent. In these circumstances we will contact you to explain how we wish to use your data and to ask for your consent. You are not obliged to give consent and if you do give consent you can change your mind at any time.
PERSONAL DATA YOU ARE LEGALLY OBLIGED TO PROVIDE
You are not obliged to provide your personal data to us, however if you choose not to provide us with personal data, we may be unable to provide our services to you without it.
You have the right to access any personal information that we process about you. This is called the right to access. You may exercise this right by sending us a Subject Access Request and send it to us using the contact details in the who we are and how to get in touch section of this policy.
You also have rights to:
- prevent your data being used for marketing, see how we use your information for marketing for more details
- ask us to correct, complete, erase or block incorrect personal data
- object to decisions being made by automated means or to your data being used for profiling purposes
- restrict our use of your personal data
- request that we delete your personal data
- request that we provide you or anyone that you nominate with a copy of the personal data you have given us in a structured electronic format such as a csv file.
You can find more information about your rights in relation to your personal data on the Information Commissioner’s website (www.ico.org.uk).
Please note that we do not make use of automated decisions making or profiling.
SHARING AND DISCLOSING OF YOUR INFORMATION
In the day to day running of our business we share your data with the
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors we work with to provide you with our services.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
We may also share your data on a one-off basis in the following circumstances:
- We sell or buy any business or asset (including our own), in which case we will share your personal data with the prospective buyer or seller.
- We are under duty to share your personal data to comply with a legal obligation or in order to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect the rights, property or safety of our customers, ourselves and others.
HOW WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We maintain appropriate organisational and technological measures to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information we hold about you.
The measures that we take include:
- only storing personal data on secure servers
- encrypting any transactions and payments using SSL technology
- ensuring that we have an appropriate access control policy and procedures
maintaining up to date firewalls and anti-virus software to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to our systems
Please remember that you are responsible for keeping your passwords secure. If you have chosen a password to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, sending information over the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of personal data sent to our website; you send us personal data at your own risk. Please contact us immediately if you believe that your personal information under our control has been compromised.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR MARKETING
We will add your details to our marketing database if:
- you make an enquiry about our services
- you buy our services
- you have registered an account on our website and have indicated during the sign-up process that you are happy to receive marketing communications
We may send you marketing communications by email and you can opt-out at any time by using the opt-out mechanism provided within each of our communications.
For the avoidance of doubt we will NOT share you data with any third party for the purposes of marketing without your prior consent.
WHEN WE WILL SEND YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO OTHER COUNTRIES
HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need it, in practice this means that we will keep:
- your account and login information for a period of 2 years after the date you last logged into the website
- a record of the any enquiry or quote request you make with us for 6 months after you contact us
- if you have consented to receiving marketing from us, we will keep your contact details, including a full copy of your customer file in our marketing database until you decide that you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us (note that if you opt-out we may still need to retain some of your personal data for suppression purposes).
MAKING A COMPLAINT
If you are unhappy about the way in which we have used your personal data, please contact us using the contact details in this policy.
You are also entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office which you can do by visiting www.ico.org.uk. Whilst you are not required to do so, we encourage you to contact us directly to discuss any concerns that you may have and to allow us an opportunity to address these before you contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We will review and update this policy from time to time. The easiest way to check for updates is by looking for the latest version of this policy on our website (www.ref4me.co.uk).
This is policy version 1.1 which came into effect on the 12th March, 2021.